Everything you need to know about renewable energy sources.
I started this site recently and it is gaining more and more popularity. Till now I have wrote about tidal energy, geothermal energy, biofuel production and wind power. But I know that many people still do not have an idea what are renewable energy sources. So I have decided to make a general post with more reference links as a I guide to the renewable energy sources.
- Here is the link to what I think is one of the easiest to read and follow article about renewable energy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy
- But if you are looking for even more readable version you can check: http://www.eia.doe.gov/kids/energyfacts/sources/renewable/renewable.html
And about the different forms of energy: http://www.eia.doe.gov/kids/energyfacts/sources/whatsenergy.html
- If you are looking for some numbers about current distribution of renewable energy you check the Renewable Energy Sources: A Consumer’s Guide
- And finally Renewable Energy Annual. This page contains Reports about:
- Renewable Energy Trends in Consumption and Electricity
- Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic Collector Manufacturing Activities
- Survey of Geothermal Heat Pump Shipments
- Green Pricing and Net Metering Programs
All of the reports are in pdf and excel format and contains information about the consumption and production of renewable energy sources in the USA.
The renewable energy sources in this report include:biomass (wood, wood waste, municipal solid waste, landfill gas, ethanol, biodiesel and other biomass); geothermal; wind; solar (solar thermal and photovoltaic); and conventional hydro power.
Additional links about renewable energy:
DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy:
National Renewable Energy Laboratory:
Database of State Incentives for Renewable Energy:
If you have some more interesting links I will be glad to see them in your comments below.
- Renewable Energy Sources – The Basics
Renewable energy is energy generated from natural resources such as water, sunlight,...
- Hydrogen Technologies– All You Need To Know
Hydrogen Production Hydrogen can be produced using diverse, domestic resources including fossil...
- Pyrolysis and Green Energy – Compatible Or Conflicting?
Pyrolysis is a technology/process that seems to be gaining some momentum in...
- Enormous Renewable Energy Growth This Decade
Huge renewable energy growth this decade, if EU countries meet projections Offshore...