Below you can find a comprehensive list of advantages and disadvantages of solar power.
Advantages Of Solar Energy:
- Fuel source without limit
- Free, because main source is the sun
- Environment friendly, clean, do not contribute to global warming, acid rains or smog, helps the decrease of harmful green house gas emissions
- You can use it for different purposes: vehicles running on solar power – solar charged driving.
- Give us a way to harness power in remote locations
- The development of new technologies allows us to store the collected solar power through solar energy battery chargers.
- Cheaper than electricity heating
- Desalination – it can be used in locations where there is a lack of drinkable water. Solar energy evaporates brine and leaves the salt crystals in the bottom of the basin. The water in turn condenses back in another basin, from which you can drink now.
- It is produced where it is consumed
- Does not use fuel therefore does not contribute to the cost of the recovery and transportation of fuel or radioactive waste
- Become an official green business through Green Business Programs
- Solar power production is a silent process
- The equipment needs little maintenance
- Saving money on long term basis
- The equipment is easy to install
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Diffuse source – you need large number of solar panels to produce the needed electricity, from there you need a large land spot for this purpose
- There are locations in the world where this energy is collected efficiently and some of the locations are not with the appropriate sunlight.
- The initial cost of the solar panels is an expensive investment
- You can collect it only during the day
- Depends on the climate conditions
This is our list of photovoltaic energy advantages and disadvantages. If you have something to add – please comment!
- Sun + Water = Fuel
With catalysts created by an MIT chemist, sunlight can turn water into...
- Green Energy Investments Reach $260bn Worldwide
Global investment in clean energy reached a new high of $260bn (€203bn)...
- Nature’s Solar Cells
Harnessing nature’s solar cells Photovoltaic panels made from plant material could become...
- How To Choose Rooftop Solar Panels For Your Home
2012 was a record-breaking year for rooftop solar panel installations in the...