Contracts for delivery of a total of 47 wind turbines to Northern Friesland
- With total output exceeding 114 MW, the projects represent one of the largest public commitments to wind energy in the region
REpower Systems SE (WKN 617703) has concluded contracts with seven communities in Northern Friesland to deliver a total of 47 wind turbines. 33 two-megawatt (MM82 and MM92) and 14 high-performance three-megawatt turbines (3.4M104) are to be used. Master agreements have been agreed with a buying syndicate under the direction of WEB Andresen GmbH. The turbines will achieve a combined output of 114.83 megawatts (MW) and should ensure production of environmentally friendly electricity in the region from 2013 onwards.
Northern Friesland is the stronghold of public wind farms in Germany: “Citizens are involved in many of the wind projects implemented in Northern Friesland”, commented Andreas Nauen, CEO of REpower Systems SE. “The benefits to the initiators are plain to see: Not only business tax but much of the value added stays in the region and the citizens can play active roles in the planning process”.
According to Jens Müller-Nielsen, Managing Director of REpower Systems GmbH, all eyes are currently on Northern Friesland in view of the further expansion of renewable energies in Germany: “With the success model of public wind farms, the region is leading the way for other regions and states, especially in Southern Germany”.
All seven wind farms have a full maintenance contract for 15 years, with a further five-year option, and are expected to be constructed at the end of 2012 or in 2013. The contracts are currently still under conditions precedent.
- REpower opens New Technical Center for R&D, Technical Support and Service Departments
Epower celebrates topping-out ceremony for new Technical Center in Osterrönfeld (Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)...
- REpower – The First Manufacturer With Unlimited Unit Certification According to SDLWindV
Variants of the MM series (new systems) now fully certified First...
- ENERCON Maintains Leading Position on German Wind Turbine Market in 2011
Last year, ENERCON maintained its pole position on the German market. Achieving...
- RWE Innogy erects wind farm in Jüchen and Hörup with most powerful REpower onshore systems
Wind power systems of the REpower 3.4M104 type used in the...