• 9th European PV Industry Summit: Challenges and Opportunities for the PV Industry as it Moves towards High Penetration
• Investors Day: Risk Mitigation in PV Investments – the Key to Sustainable Market Development
• Assigning a fair Price to PV Electricity
• Photovoltaics, Forms, Landscapes: How to Use PV for Shaping Nearly Zero Energy Communities
• PV Production Forum: How to Develop new Cost-Effective Production Processes
The 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (27th EU PVSEC), taking place from 24 to 28 September 2012 in Frankfurt, Germany, presents the comprehensive program of Parallel Events. These events complement the EU PVSEC Conference Program to offer a deep insight into specific topics along the most recent technology, market and business trends. In addition to the PV Industry Exhibition and to the leading international scientific and technology Conference Program with more than 1,600 presentations, the EU PVSEC Parallel Events address to global decision makers from industry, research, finance and politics.
The Parallel Events of the 27th EU PVSEC are realized with renowned international organizations such as EPIA – European Photovoltaic Industry Association, IEA – International Energy Agency, IPVEA – International Photovoltaic Equipment Association, EU PVTP – European Photovoltaic Technology Platform.
Mainstream and Maturing: Challenges and Opportunities for the PV Industry as it Moves towards High Penetration PV’s growth will require a paradigm shift in the way electricity is produced, sold, transported and distributed. The high penetration of Photovoltaics into the electricity grid raises challenges and presents opportunities. How should the PV industry address them? And what will be the major implications of changes in the electricity markets? These and further questions are addressed by the 9th European PV Industry Summit.
Risk Mitigation in PV Investments: The Key to Sustainable Market Development The Investors Day 2012 highlights finance topics including the risk mitigation in PV investments. Featuring CEO-level speakers from the industry and representatives from banks, investment funds, insurance companies and analysts explore how the finance world sees the PV industry.
What is a fair price for PV electricity?
As PV becomes more widely affordable and retail electricity prices continue to skyrocket, governments may well distance themselves from political involvement in PV market growth. What will be the approach to widespread deployment of PV taken by the electricity network businesses and their industry regulators?
Very Large Scale PV Systems for Sustainability This event evaluates the potential of Very Large Scale Photovoltaic Power Generation (VLS-PV) Systems, which would have a capacity of GW-scale, and how to accelerate and implement real VLS-PV projects.
Photovoltaics, Forms, Landscapes: How to Use PV for Shaping Nearly Zero Energy Communities This event highlights the interaction of PV systems with buildings and landscape, and outlines the vision of a transition from PV Architecture into urban and non-urban landscapes and how architects take up this challenge. How could buildings look like to incorporate this energy source? How would out-of-city landscapes offer opportunities to satisfy the energy-hunger?
PV Production Forum
The PV Production Forum focuses on new production processes and equipment reducing manufacturing costs and increasing the performance for thin-film and crystalline PV technologies.
More details on the EU PVSEC Parallel Events are available online. (http://www.photovoltaic-conference.com/parallel-events.html)
Programme 27th EU PVSEC Parallel Events
(Status 22 June 2012)
• Characterising and Classifying Failures of PV Modules
• 9th European PV Industry Summit: Mainstream and Maturing: Challenges and Opportunities for the PV Industry as it Moves towards High Penetration
• Photovoltaics, Forms, Landscapes: How to Use Photovoltaics for Shaping Nearly Zero Energy Communities
• Smart Solutions Forum: Smart Integration of Photovoltaic & other Renewable Energy Systems into the Network for a Sustainable Growth
• PV Production Forum 2012
• Investors Day: Risk Mitigation in PV Investments: the Key to Sustainable Market Development?
• Assigning a Fair Price to Photovoltaic Electricity
• Photonics Forum 2012
• Very Large Scale PV Systems for Sustainability
• Industry Presentations
Background EU PVSEC
For many years, the European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition has combined a renowned international scientific Conference with a leading PV Industry Exhibition and trade fair. Every year, during 5 conference and 4 trade fair days, new products and technical innovations from all areas of Photovoltaics and from all over the world are on show.
The EU PVSEC is supported by European and international organizations such as the European Commission, UNESCO – United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, Natural Sciences Sector, WCRE – World Council for Renewable Energy, IPVEA – the International Photovoltaic Equipment Association, EPIA – the European Photovoltaic Industry Association. The Technical Programme is coordinated by the European Commission, DG Joint Research Centre.
- 24th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference (EU PVSEC) – 21st to 25th September 2009
The 24th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference (21st to 25th September 2009)...
- 25th EU PVSEC and 5th World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion
The Conference will take place from 6th to 10th September 2010...
- Oerlikon Solar Wins the Solar Industry Award for the 3rd Time in a Row
EU PVSEC 2011: Top level of development and innovation potential confirmed once...
- 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition
The conference will bring together professionals from the entire photovoltaic (PV) value...